Unable to accomplish your mission due to language problems? Malaysian Institute of Translation & Books (ITBM) can help you relay your intended message, hence simplifying your communication. We provide quality translation services, besides guaranteeing that each task is handled diligently - the result of a dedicated team who are experienced in handling all sorts of documents quickly and accurately.
At ITBM, we provide quality professional translation services in almost every field, and at the best price. The advantage of making ITBM your partner is that materials are not just translated, but also edited by an editor and checked by a proofreader - to ensure that the vocabulary used is accurate and appropriate.
The editor is also responsible for paying attention to the language style, and appropriate nuances in accordance with the source material, while at the same time, ensuring that the translation fulfils the wants and needs of the client.
We have a high-calibre team comprising experienced translators, the best editors and thorough proofreaders. This is in line with our mission to offer high quality translation services in which the translation closely matches the source text. Our promise at ITBM is to offer translation services of the highest quality at reasonable prices.
Document Translation Procedure
- Documents to be translated may be sent by email to the Sales & Marketing Division - Services (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, customers may bring their documents direct to the Customer Service counter at ITBM.
- ITBM Customer Service counter hours of operation:
Requirements for the translation of certificates (academic and professional, passport, official government correspondence, Birth Certificate, etc.):
- For the translation of a single certificate, a minimum of three (3) working days is required. This will vary subject to the number of pages, source language, target language and type of document.
- Mon – Thur: 9.00am - 5.00pm.
- Fri: 9.00am – 12.30pm, 2:45pm – 5.00pm.
- If appearing in person, customers must bring original documents along with clearly legible photocopies that have been certified as true copies by a Government Official, Legal Organisation or District Head / Village Head / Village Development and Security Committee Chairman / Secondary School Head Teacher / Primary School Head Teacher/ Commissioner for Oaths or such parties as have been authorised by the Public Service Department.
- For transactions via email, customers must send a scan of original documents along with clearly legible photocopies that have been certified as true copies by one of the categories mentioned in (1) above.
- Please provide handwritten statements/references or supporting documents such as an identity card, passport, etc., as required, if details contained in original documents are obscure or illegible.
- For the translation of materials other than certificates, the time required for translation will be subject to the number of pages, speciality (technical, law, science, general, etc.), source language, target language and type of document.
ITBM handles each project according to needs. Thus, rates for payment will differ based on these factors:
- Source language and target language
- Total number of words
- Type of text: General or specific (technical)
- Deadline: Normal or urgent
- Any other needs
Materials to be translated can be submitted by mail, fax or email.
All transactions for these services are in Ringgit Malaysia (RM).
For transactions via email, customers are also required to send proof of payment in the form of a scan.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, credit card, cheque, postal order, bank draft or cash deposit. Payment by cheque, postal order or bank draft should be made out to ”Institut Terjemahan & Buku Malaysia Berhad”, account number Maybank Berhad 512204217381. Translation work will only proceed upon receipt of full payment.
Note: Additional charge for urgent translation services will be increases between 25 percent - 50 percent, based on the application, discussion and approval by ITBM (this service does not include Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays).
For further information, please contact:
+603 4145 1800